I didn’t think it was possible either, but when the cravings kick in, you know, a gal’s gotta’ do what a gal’s gotta’ do. So I experimented and came up with this super rad French toast recipe. (Ps. There’s a secret ingredient)
- 2 slices bread of choice
- Egg replacer equivalent to 1 egg
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup rice milk (or plant based milk of choice)
- Prepare egg replacer per instructions on the packet.
- In a bowl, combine egg replacer, cinnamon, nutritional yeast and rice milk. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Coat bread in the mixture and then place on a fry pan (which has been sprayed with cooking oil). Once golden brown, flip the bread and cook once again. Repeat with the second piece of bread.
- Serve with warm raspberries, kiwi fruit and rice malt syrup, or your own toppings of choice!
To make this a savoury French toast, leave out the cinnamon and add salt and pepper to the batter and serve with tomato sauce.
Ps. Don’t be freaked out by the nutritional yeast (aka, the secret ingredient). It gives the French toast a rich, creamy flavour that is similar to an original version!