Peppermint bark is much more than just a Christmas treat. Well, at least, this peppermint bark is. Maybe I’m talking myself up here when I say it, but I think I took it to the next level with this stuff. Honestly, it’s just so good.
I presented my family (none of them vegan) with two giant jars of the stuff and by Christmas night it had all been devoured. I’m telling you, it was that good. I even had relatives tell me that if this was what vegan food was like, they’d go vegan. Well welcome to the 21st century people, because vegan food is like this! It’s delicious, completely cruelty free and so much better for the environment, not to mention that bod of yours! I don’t know how you could possibly go wrong with that. (Man, I’m having real cravings for this stuff writing this right now).
- 1 250g bag Nestle vegan dark cooking chocolate chips
- 1 block vegan white chocolate
- 1 bag candy canes
- 1 bag salted pretzels
- Peppermint essence
- Prepare a brownie tin or baking tray and line with parchment paper.
- Begin by melting the dark chocolate in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir through a few drops of the peppermint essence.
- Pour into the tin and move around until the entire bottom surface is covered in the dark chocolate.
- Crush some pretzels with your hands and generously sprinkle over the dark chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- In a food processor, process the candy canes until a fine powder/crumb forms (be warned, this is noisy).
- Melt the white chocolate until smooth then pour over the dark chocolate mix. Sprinkle with the candy canes and a few more pretzels.
- Leave to harden overnight and then break into chunks and serve. Best kept cold.
– The Ugly Chef