If you’ve been following my adventures for a while, you’ll notice that the photos used in this blog post are a little on the old side. That is for two reasons.
1. These photos are nice. Don’t you agree?
2. Every time I make these brownie bites, they’re gone before I can even snap them.
How can you blame me when these brownie bites are raw, vegan, refined sugar free, and all of those other ridiculous Instagram hashtags you can think of. But you know what my favourite part of these brownie bites is? That you can freeze them and literally eat them straight out of the freezer. This is my preferred method of consumption, and I highly recommend you try it. Trust me on this one. They taste like a heavenly, fudge brownie. Yes please.
This recipe has been adapted from The Rawtarian.
- 1 cup walnuts (can use pecans if you like)
- 1 cup dates (If using dried dates, soak for approx. 15 minutes in hot water)
- 5tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4tbsp shredded coconut
- 2tbsp rice malt syrup
- Pinch salt
- In a food processor, blend the walnuts until crumbly, then add the dates and process until a sticky mixture forms.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until everything is well combined. (For a chunkier recipe, blend for less time).
- Line a brownie tin with baking paper and spread the mixture onto it. Place into the freezer for 20 – 25 minutes, and then slice into even pieces. (Alternatively you can just roll into balls.)
- Wrap up the brownies individually or place in a container and pop back into the freezer until you’re ready to consume!
I hope you enjoy these delish little morsels of chocolate-y goodness. If you do decide to recreate this recipe, send me a photo, or tag me on Instagram. Use the hashtag #theuglychef.