Two ingredients, super delicious, sugar free and probably the most simple cookies you will ever make. What more could you want in an on-the-run breakfast? Oh. Complex carbohydrates that’ll give you sustained energy throughout the morning? Done.
Ready to hear what the ingredients are?
- 1 banana
- Rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mash the banana.
- Stir through enough rolled oats so that cookies can be formed. (This will depend on the size of your banana, but will generally be between 1/2 and 1 cup.)
- Spoon mixture onto baking tray and press down to form cookies. (Should make 3 – 5, again depending on how much mixture you have.)
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, until firm.
If I have extra time, or am feeling a little more creative, I’ll often add 1tbsp raw cacao powder, 1tsp chia seeds and 1tsp ground flax seed for a more chocolatey cookie, and also for my daily omega-3 dose! I’m sure protein powder would also work great in this mixture, but I haven’t felt the need to include it so far.
You can store these in an airtight container, but I’d recommend eating them on the day you make them!