This is another lazy girl curry recipe, using store-bought Thai green curry paste.
Note: Please read the ingredients before buying store-bought curry paste. Many brands use fish sauce or shrimp paste.
This usually makes 2-3 big portions when served with basmati rice and garlic naan.
- Dash of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Roughly 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Frozen spinach
- Any other vegetables you have on hand – Carrot, eggplant, zucchini, sweet potato and capsicum all work well with this recipe.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 heaped tbsp Thai green curry paste
- Basmati rice to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large heated pot, and then cook the onions until golden brown.
- Add any root vegetables (potato, carrot, pumpkin etc) and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir through the curry paste until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk and all other vegetables, as well as the chickpeas and chilli flakes. Bring to a boil and then simmer until all vegetables are soft and the curry is fragrant. (Add more water/vegetable stock if the curry begins to thicken too much.)
- Serve over basmati rice and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
This curry can be frozen or stored in the fridge for 2-3 days, which allows the flavours to develop.