A new take on my classic chocolate chip cookies, these babies are loaded with gooey dark chocolate chunks, salty pretzel pieces and walnut bits. I took these to a Grand Final party and even the carnivores loved them! That’s a win in my book.
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temperature/kind of melted
- 1.5 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 block Whittakers dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 large bag salted pretzels (broken into pieces)
- Preheat oven to 200c and prepare 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and both sugars. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and baking soda. Mix again.
- Add the flour and soy milk. Use your hands to create a gooey cookie dough.
- Fold through the chocolate chips, then add the walnuts and pretzels.
- Form balls of cookie dough and flatten onto your baking trays.
- Cook for 9-10 minutes. Adjust this time based on how firm you like your cookies.
(NOTE: These cookies harden as they cool.)
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container (though I think they’ll be eaten before this step).
This recipe makes quite a large batch. Probably close to 30 cookies, depending on size. So halve the recipe if you’d like to make less.
These are best enjoyed with friends. Unless you enjoy severe sugar coma’s.