I’ve been vegan for over three years now and can I just say how incredibly hard it is to find vegan fudge anywhere! I’m not talking about your cheap fudge from a packet that’s practically rock solid and grainy with sugar. No, I mean the good stuff. The soft, sticky, rich, melt-in-your-mouth kind of fudge that you buy from those old-school candy stores.
So when I had the opportunity to partner with Natures Charm, I couldn’t resist trying my hand at a fudge recipe. Natures Charm make a range of coconut based products including coconut condensed milk and evaporated coconut milk, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and butterscotch caramel sauce, which is the star of this recipe. I’ll link below a few websites where you can purchase Natures Charm!
So this is my fudge recipe! A dark chocolate coated, salted caramel kind of fudge. And let me tell you, it’s seriously insane. And seriously easy. Three ingredients. Yep, that’s right. Three ingredients. I’ve really lived up to my name with these fudge bites. They’re not pretty in the slightest but let me tell you, they are so incredibly delicious. So lets get into it.
- 1tbsp coconut oil. (You can use refined or unrefined. Using unrefined coconut oil will give the fudge a coconut flavour, so choose refined if you want a more neutral oil.)
- 1 jar of Natures Charm butterscotch caramel sauce.
- 2.5 blocks (or approx 300g) of sea salt dark chocolate. I use Aldi’s ‘Moser Roth – Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt’ which is accidentally vegan. If you can’t find this, use dark chocolate and add some good quality sea salt to the melted chocolate.
You will also require some chocolate moulds, mini cupcake pans or something for the chocolate to set in.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt approximately 3/4 of the dark chocolate with the coconut oil and butterscotch sauce. Microwave in batches of 30-40 seconds, stirring in between.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate mixture into your mould of choice. Place into the fridge or freezer overnight for best results.
- Once the fudge mixture has set, melt the remainder of the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, using the same method previously stated.
- Remove the fudge from their moulds (be warned that the fudge is sticky and they may not come out perfectly) and coat in the melted dark chocolate.
- Place some baking paper onto a plate and pop the chocolates on to set. Allow to harden in the fridge for at least an hour before eating.
These are best served straight from the fridge or freezer as they may melt due to the coconut oil.
Where to buy Natures Charm: