I’m excited to be working with an amazing company called The Chocolate Yogi to create a handful of delicious, chocolatey recipes over the coming months. The Chocolate Yogi are an Australian owned chocolate company that produce raw, organic, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, palm oil free (etc. etc) chocolate, with a portion of funds from each bar sold going towards charity. As someone who tries to eat and live as naturally as possible, these bars are right up my ally.
These chocolate truffles are so fast, delicious and simple to make. You only need two ingredients for the base recipe, but can add extra flavours or ingredients to give the truffles an extra kick. They are also the perfect last minute dessert to whip up when guests come over for dinner unexpectedly.
- 150g chocolate (I used The Chocolate Yogi’s ‘Peppermint Jazz’ milk mint chocolate to make peppermint truffles, but you could also just use a good quality dark chocolate)
- 10tbsp full fat coconut milk
- Optional: Raw cacao powder to coat the truffles.
- Chop all of the chocolate very finely and place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a seperate bowl or mug, microwave the coconut milk for approximately 15 – 20 seconds, or until the milk is warm but not hot.
- Pour the coconut milk directly onto the chocolate and then cover the bowl with a plate, lid or tea towel. Do not stir. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and gently stir the chocolate and coconut milk until melted. If some pieces of chocolate do not melt, microwave in 10-second increments until the truffle mixture is smooth and well combined. (Be careful not to burn or overcook the chocolate.)
- Place bowl in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours before rolling spoonful’s of mixture into balls and coating in raw cacao powder.
NOTE: If you do happen to burn or over cook the chocolate, don’t stress. When you roll them into balls, you can smooth them out with your hands and you should still end up with a silky, smooth consistency.
Here are some other ingredients/ flavours you could add to these truffles:
- 1tbsp instant coffee powder
- The zest of half an orange
- Roll the truffles in crushed hazelnuts, almonds or pistachios
- Use white chocolate instead of dark.
These can be stores in the fridge or freezer, depending on your preferred texture.
Many health food stores here in Australia stock The Chocolate Yogi products, but if you’d like to shop online, click HERE.