You wouldn’t know these carrot cake muffins are gluten free unless someone told you… like I just did. But since embarking on my low-FODMAP journey, I’ve had to make some slight adjustments to my diet, including breaking up with gluten (most of it anyway). I’m not going to lie, I had a slight meltdown at the thought of parting with crusty sourdough, pasta and my favourite homemade baked goods. But then, I stumbled across a gluten-free angel. Cue Monica and her brand, ‘The Gluten Free Food Co.’ Literal LIFE SAVER.
Monica sent me the most generous package, filled with so many gluten free goodies and many of them turned out to be FODMAP friendly too! Win! My first low-FODMAP endeavour was these carrot cake muffins, made with Monica’s vegan and organic cupcake mix (which you can buy HERE). I split the packet in half to make two different flavours and boy were they a success! You can click HERE for my banana and walnut recipe which I made using the other half of the cupcake mix.
Monica has made baking dead easy and even with my additions, these muffins are still a one bowl, throw-everything-together kind of recipe.
- 1/2 packet of ‘The Gluten Free Food Co.’ cupcake mix
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pumpkin & sunflower seeds to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a cupcake/ muffin tin with patty pans or muffin liners (you could also wipe the tin with coconut oil and omit the patty pans altogether).
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients except for the sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture amongst 16 patty pans and sprinkle generously with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Bake for approximately 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer comes clean out of the muffins.
Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to three days. Alternatively you can wrap the muffins individually in foil and store in the freezer for an easy lunchbox snack!
Thank you again to Monica for sending me these products. Although I was gifted these delicious gluten free mixes, all opinions are still my own.