I don’t have much to say about this recipe except that it is insanely delicious and it won’t last long in your house at all… I took this to a dinner party (to avoid eating the entire slab in one sitting) and it was a hit, even with our non-vegan friends!
I use this fudge recipe as a base for many variations (peppermint, jaffa, peanut butter etc) but this toasted coconut version is my current obsession.
- 350 – 400g dark chocolate (I used the Chocolate Yogi Astral chocolate which has no coconut flour, making it FODMAP friendly)
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can coconut condensed milk (about 340g)
- If not using a silicone/ non-stick brownie mould, line a brownie tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Toast the coconut by either placing it under a medium grill for 3-5 minutes or toasting it in a non-stick pan for 5-10 minutes, until golden.
- Combine the chocolate and condensed milk in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring regularly until the chocolate is melted.
- Turn off the heat and add 3/4 of the toasted coconut. Mix well.
- Pour the fudge into brownie dish evenly and then sprinkle the remaining toasted coconut on top. You may need to give the tin a few taps to remove any air bubbles/ to make sure the mixture is spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 5-6 hours and then slice into fudge sized pieces.
This fudge can be stored in the fridge or freezer and is best eaten within a week.
I worked in collaboration with The Chocolate Yogi to create this recipe. You can shop their delicious range of vegan, fair trade chocolates HERE.